perl.tpf.discuss http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/ ... Copyright 1998-2014 perl.org Thu, 24 Apr 2014 10:25:31 +0000 ask@perl.org Survey on DVCS usage and experience by Brian de Alwis Hello everybody. I&#39;m part of a team conducting a survey to understand<br/>the perceived benefits and challenges of using a decentralized or<br/>distributed version control systems (DVCS) in software development.<br/><br/>With Perl recently having switched to git, I hoped that any developers<br/>(who are over 18 years old) might like to participate in our survey and<br/>share your experiences. Details on partcipating are below. Thanks for<br/>your time!<br/><br/>Brian.<br/><br/><br/>----------------------------------------------------------------------<br/>An increasing number of software projects have or are considering<br/>switching their code repositories to a decentralized or distributed<br/>VCS (DVCS). There are many such DVCS tools, including git, bzr,<br/>mercurial, monotone, or bitkeeper. We are conducting a survey to<br/>assess the perceived benefits and challenges of using a DVCS. We<br/>would ask that any individuals who use or are comfortable using a<br/>DVCS for managing the artifacts for a project to please consider<br/>completing the survey. The survey has several open-ended questions,<br/>and may take up to 20 minutes to complete.<br/><br/>The data collected from this study will be used in articles for<br/>publication in journals and conference proceedings. The results<br/>of this study will provide additional knowledge and guidance for<br/>projects considering moving to using a DVCS.<br/><br/>This is an anonymous survey. Any personal information divulged<br/>in answering a question will be kept strictly confidential.<br/><br/>The survey is at:<br/><br/> http://www.cs.usask.ca/~bsd178/research/dvcs-survey/<br/><br/>Please feel free to redistribute this to other interested groups.<br/><br/>If you would like more detail about the survey, or information not<br/>included here, please contact us.<br/><br/> Brian de Alwis<br/> Department of Computer Science<br/> University of Saskatchewan<br/> brian.de.alwis@usask.ca<br/><br/>This research has the ethical approval of the Research Ethics Office<br/>at the University of Saskatchewan. If you have any concerns about your<br/>treatment or rights as a research subject, please contact the office<br/>at 306-966-2084.<br/><br/>----------------------------------------------------------------------<br/><br/>-- <br/>Brian de Alwis | HCI Lab | University of Saskatchewan<br/>On bike helmets: &quot;If you think your hair is more important than your <br/>brain, you&#39;re probably right.&quot; (B. J. Wawrykow)<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2009/05/msg44.html Thu, 28 May 2009 09:39:05 +0000 Re: 2004 TPF elections by Bill Odom Andy Lester wrote:<br/> &gt; Congratulations on your new roles. So what plans for the future<br/> &gt; do you all have?<br/><br/>Well... according to Fearless Leader Allison, my first task is to &quot;get <br/>to know people and what they do in this madhouse.&quot; So I&#39;m about to <br/>request the entire contents of the steering committee list archive, then <br/>read it in order to figure out just what I&#39;ve gotten myself into.<br/><br/>Inspiring, no?<br/><br/>Bill<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/09/msg43.html Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:25:19 +0000 Re: 2004 TPF elections by Andy Lester [Graham, Bill, dha, Paul, Gavin, Jim, Kevin new roles]<br/><br/>Congratulations on your new roles. So what plans for the future do you <br/>all have? Speech! Speech!<br/><br/>xoxo,<br/>Andy<br/><br/>--<br/>Andy Lester =&gt; andy@petdance.com =&gt; www.petdance.com =&gt; AIM:petdance<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/09/msg42.html Wed, 01 Sep 2004 18:59:56 +0000 2004 TPF elections by Allison Randal We just completed the 2004 elections for TPF committees. The new roster<br/>can be found at:<br/><br/> http://www.perlfoundation.org/who.html<br/><br/>It&#39;s mostly the same as last year. Kevin Meltzer and Jeff Bisbee have<br/>swapped their roles as Perlfoundation.org coordinator and conferences<br/>chair. Bill Odom joins us as steering committee chairman. He did an<br/>awesome job ringleading TPF activities at OSCON. (Thanks Bill!) Graham<br/>Barr is taking over the CPAN chair. He has a long history with CPAN, and<br/>some great ideas on how TPF can better help CPAN. David Adler offically<br/>takes over the awards position he&#39;s been filling since June. Paul Blair<br/>joins us to support Gavin in PR, and to act as a second brain for me.<br/>Jim Brandt and Kevin Eye join the conferences committee. They did an<br/>amazing job organizing YAPC::NA this year.<br/><br/>Congratulations all around, and thanks for volunteering.<br/><br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/09/msg41.html Wed, 01 Sep 2004 18:34:12 +0000 Re: Thank you by Andy Lester On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 11:21:14PM -0500, Allison Randal (al@shadowed.net) wrote:<br/>&gt; A big &quot;Thank You&quot; to everyone who helped out at OSCON. We had people<br/>&gt; helping out with the auction, volunteering at the booth, and some people<br/>&gt; who just walked up and staffed the booth for a while because they saw it<br/>&gt; was empty and saw people with questions.<br/><br/>Some of us did that because we never got around to signing up to man the<br/>booth, and figured &quot;Well, now&#39;s as good a time as any.&quot; :-)<br/><br/>xoa<br/><br/>-- <br/>Andy Lester =&gt; andy@petdance.com =&gt; www.petdance.com =&gt; AIM:petdance<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/08/msg40.html Tue, 03 Aug 2004 07:35:02 +0000 Thank you by Allison Randal A big &quot;Thank You&quot; to everyone who helped out at OSCON. We had people<br/>helping out with the auction, volunteering at the booth, and some people<br/>who just walked up and staffed the booth for a while because they saw it<br/>was empty and saw people with questions.<br/><br/>You&#39;re an amazing bunch. Thank you! :)<br/><br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/08/msg39.html Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:21:24 +0000 Re: Signup Moved to OSCON Kwiki by Bill Odom Jeff Bisbee (biz@jbisbee.com) said:<br/>&gt;<br/>&gt; Hope no one minds, but I&#39;ve moved the booth signup list to the OSCON<br/>&gt; kwiki<br/>&gt;<br/>&gt; http://wiki.oreillynet.com/oscon/index.cgi?TPFBooth<br/>&gt;<br/><br/>I certainly don&#39;t mind. I should&#39;ve done that in the first place.<br/><br/>Duh,<br/>Bill<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg38.html Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:36:55 +0000 Auction at OSCON by Allison Randal Stonehenge has graciously offered to host an auction in benefit of TPF<br/>at their yearly bash (Wednesday night).<br/><br/>Drop us a note if you have items (or whatever) you&#39;d like to auction<br/>off.<br/><br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg37.html Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:01:30 +0000 Signup Moved to OSCON Kwiki by Jeff Bisbee Hope no one minds, but I&#39;ve moved the booth signup list to the OSCON<br/>kwiki<br/><br/> http://wiki.oreillynet.com/oscon/index.cgi?TPFBooth<br/><br/>See you all tomorrow :)<br/><br/>-- Jeff Bisbee / biz@jbisbee.com / jbisbee.com<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg36.html Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:48:37 +0000 Re: OSCON TPF Booth volunteer update by Jeff Bisbee * Bill Odom (wnodom@tmtowtdi.com) wrote:<br/>&gt; Hi all. Here&#39;s the current schedule:<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; Wednesday<br/>&gt; -----------------<br/>&gt; 10:00am - 10:45am -- Bill Odom<br/>&gt; 12:20pm - 1:00pm -- Dave Rolsky<br/>&gt; 1:00pm - 1:45pm<br/>&gt; 3:20pm - 4:00pm -- David Wheeler<br/>&gt; 4:00pm - 4:30pm<br/>&gt; 6:00pm - 6:45pm<br/>&gt; 6:45pm - 7:30pm<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; Thursday<br/>&gt; -----------------<br/>&gt; 10:00am - 10:45am<br/>&gt; 12:20pm - 1:00pm -- Robert Spier<br/>&gt; 1:00pm - 1:45pm<br/>&gt; 3:20pm - 4:30pm<br/><br/>Just put this on the OSCON wiki<br/><br/> http://wiki.oreillynet.com/oscon/index.cgi?TPFBooth<br/><br/>And signed myself up for Wednesday and Thursday morning at 10:00am<br/><br/>-- Jeff Bisbee / biz@jbisbee.com / jbisbee.com<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg35.html Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:48:36 +0000 Re: OSCON TPF Booth volunteer update by Jouke Visser Hi,<br/><br/>If it hadn&#39;t been for TPF I wouldn&#39;t have been here in the first place, so count me in too. Not on Wednesday (I have to speak that day), but Thursday would be fine. Let me know when I&#39;m expected.<br/><br/>Jouke<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg34.html Sun, 25 Jul 2004 07:48:13 +0000 Re: [Fwd: OSCON TPF Booth volunteer update] by Andy Lester &gt; ...and here are the folks that have volunteered but haven&#39;t yet <br/>&gt; declared<br/>&gt; the time slot(s) that they want:<br/>&gt;<br/>&gt; David Adler<br/>&gt; Jeff Bisbee<br/>&gt; chromatic<br/>&gt; Elliott Mitchell<br/><br/>I&#39;ll help out, too. I&#39;ll figure a slot when I get there.<br/><br/>xoxo,<br/>Andy<br/><br/>--<br/>Andy Lester =&gt; andy@petdance.com =&gt; www.petdance.com =&gt; AIM:petdance<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg33.html Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:32:23 +0000 OSCON TPF Booth volunteer update by Bill Odom Hi all. Here&#39;s the current schedule:<br/><br/>Wednesday<br/>-----------------<br/>10:00am - 10:45am -- Bill Odom<br/>12:20pm - 1:00pm -- Dave Rolsky<br/> 1:00pm - 1:45pm<br/> 3:20pm - 4:00pm -- David Wheeler<br/> 4:00pm - 4:30pm<br/> 6:00pm - 6:45pm<br/> 6:45pm - 7:30pm<br/><br/><br/>Thursday<br/>-----------------<br/>10:00am - 10:45am<br/>12:20pm - 1:00pm -- Robert Spier<br/> 1:00pm - 1:45pm<br/> 3:20pm - 4:30pm<br/><br/><br/>...and here are the folks that have volunteered but haven&#39;t yet declared<br/>the time slot(s) that they want:<br/><br/>David Adler<br/>Jeff Bisbee<br/>chromatic<br/>Elliott Mitchell<br/><br/>More volunteers are certainly welcome, so send me a note if you&#39;d like to<br/>help.<br/><br/>Thanks,<br/>Bill Odom<br/>wnodom@tmtowtdi.com<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg32.html Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:06:15 +0000 Re: What's going on? by Allison Randal Dave Rolsky wrote:<br/>&gt; &gt;<br/>&gt; &gt; In the past 12 months TPF has:<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; [snip good stuff]<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; It&#39;d be nice if this was made available as a cheat sheet at the table for<br/>&gt; those staffing it.<br/><br/>[snipped]<br/>&gt; &gt; These&#39;ll be included in an &quot;info packet&quot; for the booth <br/>&gt; &gt; staffers that I&#39;ll leave in the booth. <br/><br/>Yup. Look for the green binder under the booth table when you get there.<br/><br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg31.html Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:48:41 +0000 Re: What's going on? by Dave Rolsky On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Allison Randal wrote:<br/><br/>&gt; Leon Brocard wrote:<br/>&gt; &gt;<br/>&gt; &gt; So TPF is going to have a booth at OSCON. What will you be saying to<br/>&gt; &gt; people who come by? What is TPF up to? What plans does TPF have?<br/>&gt;<br/>&gt; In the past 12 months TPF has:<br/><br/>[snip good stuff]<br/><br/>It&#39;d be nice if this was made available as a cheat sheet at the table for<br/>those staffing it.<br/><br/><br/>-dave<br/><br/>/*=======================<br/>House Absolute Consulting<br/>www.houseabsolute.com<br/>=======================*/<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg30.html Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:39:58 +0000 Re: What's going on? by Allison Randal Leon Brocard wrote:<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; So TPF is going to have a booth at OSCON. What will you be saying to<br/>&gt; people who come by? What is TPF up to? What plans does TPF have? <br/><br/>In the past 12 months TPF has:<br/><br/>- Funded Larry Wall for half a year, resulting in Apocalypse 12 (among<br/> other things).<br/><br/>- Funded a number of smaller projects, some completed, some still in<br/> progress.<br/><br/>- Split off the YAPC::EU committee into a European non-profit<br/> foundation. Kudos to Norbert Gruener and the whole team who put the<br/> new foundation together. It was not an easy task.<br/><br/>- Hosted YAPC::NA in Buffalo, NY. For the first year ever, we managed<br/> not to burn out the YAPC::NA organizers. I credit this both to Jim<br/> Brandt and his incredible team, and to Kevin Meltzer and Jeff Bisbee,<br/> who brought in their experience from the previous year. Jim Brandt and<br/> Kevin Eye from this year&#39;s YAPC::NA have joined the TPF conferences<br/> committee now to better support next year&#39;s organizers.<br/><br/>- Made significant hardware upgrades to perl.org, thanks to Ticketmaster<br/> and other generous donors.<br/><br/>- Moved donate.perlfoundation.org over to Pair Networks hosting. Moved<br/> www.perlfoundation.org over to Perl.org hosting. We now have stable<br/> sites instead of outages every month or so.<br/><br/>In the next 12 months we would like to:<br/><br/>- Fund Larry Wall for a full year.<br/><br/>- Integrate yetanother.org into the new perlfoundation.org (underway now).<br/><br/>- We&#39;ll be looking for a new steering committee chairman in the August<br/> elections, as Lisa has announced her intention to pass the baton.<br/> We&#39;re very grateful for her leadership this past year.<br/><br/>- Move from yearly thank-you notes to monthly thank-you notes (with the<br/> software and people additions to support the change).<br/><br/><br/>I know I&#39;m missing some important points on past and future, but this is<br/>at least a significant percentage of them. (Feel free to pitch in any<br/>I&#39;ve forgotten.) These&#39;ll be included in an &quot;info packet&quot; for the booth<br/>staffers that I&#39;ll leave in the booth.<br/><br/>&gt; Will there be marketing bumpf? <br/><br/>Some flyers.<br/><br/>&gt; What happened to the monthly newsletter?<br/><br/>It never really got off the ground, largely from lack of man-power.<br/><br/>&gt; Leon, who likes questions<br/><br/>All good questions. How&#39;d you like to volunteer for TPF steering<br/>committee chair next year? :)<br/><br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg29.html Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:42:55 +0000 What's going on? by Leon Brocard Hello,<br/><br/>So TPF is going to have a booth at OSCON. What will you be saying to<br/>people who come by? What is TPF up to? What plans does TPF have? Will<br/>there be marketing bumpf? What happened to the monthly newsletter?<br/><br/>Leon, who likes questions<br/>-- <br/>Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/<br/>scribot.................................http://www.scribot.com/<br/><br/>... Real programming involves maths rather than href tags<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg28.html Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:33:51 +0000 Re: Still need volunteers for the TPF Booth at OSCON by merlyn &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &quot;Bill&quot; == Bill Odom &lt;wnodom@tmtowtdi.com&gt; writes:<br/><br/>Bill&gt; Thus far the response to the request for volunteers has been... um...<br/>Bill&gt; let&#39;s call it &quot;underwhelming.&quot; The lovely and talented Jeff Bisbee has<br/>Bill&gt; offered his services (thanks, Jeff!), but that still leaves a lot of time<br/>Bill&gt; to fill.<br/><br/>Presuming everyone shows up for the Stonehenge booth that said they<br/>would, I might be able to loan out some of my staffers from time to<br/>time, at least for short breaks. I won&#39;t know until day of show<br/>though.<br/><br/>-- <br/>Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095<br/>&lt;merlyn@stonehenge.com&gt; &lt;URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/&gt;<br/>Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.<br/>See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment Perl training!<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg27.html Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:32:46 +0000 Re: Still need volunteers for the TPF Booth at OSCON by Robert Spier &gt; &gt; Put me down for one of the other Lunch slots.<br/>&gt; Thanks! Do you care which day? (Or do you want a block on both days?)<br/><br/>How about Thursday.<br/><br/><br/><br/>-R<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg26.html Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:54:12 +0000 Re: Still need volunteers for the TPF Booth at OSCON by Bill Odom Robert Spier wrote:<br/><br/>&gt; Put me down for one of the other Lunch slots.<br/>&gt; <br/><br/>Thanks! Do you care which day? (Or do you want a block on both days?)<br/><br/>Bill<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg25.html Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:23:22 +0000 Re: Still need volunteers for the TPF Booth at OSCON by Robert Spier <br/>Put me down for one of the other Lunch slots.<br/><br/>-R<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg24.html Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:31:27 +0000 Re: Still need volunteers for the TPF Booth at OSCON by Dave Rolsky On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Bill Odom wrote:<br/><br/>&gt; 12:20pm - 1:00pm<br/><br/>This is lunch, right? Sign me up.<br/><br/><br/>-dave<br/><br/>/*=======================<br/>House Absolute Consulting<br/>www.houseabsolute.com<br/>=======================*/<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg23.html Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:36:12 +0000 Still need volunteers for the TPF Booth at OSCON by Bill Odom All:<br/><br/>Thus far the response to the request for volunteers has been... um...<br/>let&#39;s call it &quot;underwhelming.&quot; The lovely and talented Jeff Bisbee has<br/>offered his services (thanks, Jeff!), but that still leaves a lot of time<br/>to fill.<br/><br/>If you&#39;d like to help, or even if you wouldn&#39;t but I&#39;m making you feel so<br/>guilty that you&#39;ll do it anyway, then please send me a message.<br/><br/>Oh, and for those kind souls that have already volunteered, let me know<br/>what time slot(s) you&#39;d like to have.<br/><br/>I&#39;ve included the relevant portion of the original message below.<br/><br/>Thanks,<br/>Bill<br/>wnodom@tmtowtdi.com<br/><br/><br/>--- Begin Included Text ---<br/><br/><br/>Here are the times we need volunteers to staff the booth:<br/><br/>Wednesday<br/>-----------------<br/>10:00am - 10:45am -- Bill Odom<br/>12:20pm - 1:00pm<br/> 1:00pm - 1:45pm<br/> 3:20pm - 4:00pm<br/> 4:00pm - 4:30pm<br/> 6:00pm - 6:45pm<br/> 6:45pm - 7:30pm<br/><br/><br/>Thursday<br/>-----------------<br/>10:00am - 10:45am<br/>12:20pm - 1:00pm<br/> 1:00pm - 1:45pm<br/> 3:20pm - 4:30pm<br/><br/>I split some of the larger blocks (like lunch) into two slots<br/>each, so they weren&#39;t quite such a haul. This also gives more<br/>people an opportunity to help out. :)<br/><br/>So far these folks have volunteered:<br/><br/>- David Adler<br/>- David Wheeler<br/>- Dave Rolsky<br/>- chromatic<br/>- Bill Odom (me)<br/><br/>I put myself down for the first slot on Wednesday, so the rest<br/>are up for grabs. Please post your preference to the list.<br/><br/>Thanks, and if you have questions, please ask.<br/><br/>Bill Odom<br/>wnodom@tmtowtdi.com<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg22.html Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:32:12 +0000 Re: Booth at OSCON by Jeff Bisbee * Bill Odom (wnodom@tmtowtdi.com) wrote:<br/>&gt; - David Adler<br/>&gt; - David Wheeler<br/>&gt; - Dave Rolsky<br/>&gt; - chromatic<br/>&gt; - Bill Odom (me)<br/><br/>Count me in. I wait a bit until I pick a time for the booth.<br/><br/>-- Jeff Bisbee / biz@jbisbee.com / jbisbee.com<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg21.html Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:11:36 +0000 Re: Booth at OSCON by Bill Odom Allison Randal wrote:<br/>&gt; TPF will have a booth at OSCON again this year.<br/>&gt; Post back here if you&#39;ll be at OSCON and would<br/>&gt; be interested in filling a slot.<br/><br/>Hi everyone.<br/><br/>David Adler and I both volunteered at about the same time for<br/>booth duty, so Allison asked if we could take over some of the<br/>coordination activities. That&#39;s why this follow-up message is<br/>coming from me instead of her.<br/><br/>Anyway, based on the exhibit hall hours...<br/><br/> http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/29/exhibitors.html<br/><br/>...and the Wednesday/Thursday talk schedule...<br/><br/> http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/29/oscon_track_grid.html<br/><br/>...here are the times we need volunteers to staff the booth:<br/><br/>Wednesday<br/>-----------------<br/>10:00am - 10:45am -- Bill Odom<br/>12:20pm - 1:00pm<br/> 1:00pm - 1:45pm<br/> 3:20pm - 4:00pm<br/> 4:00pm - 4:30pm<br/> 6:00pm - 6:45pm<br/> 6:45pm - 7:30pm<br/><br/><br/>Thursday<br/>-----------------<br/>10:00am - 10:45am<br/>12:20pm - 1:00pm<br/> 1:00pm - 1:45pm<br/> 3:20pm - 4:30pm<br/><br/>I split some of the larger blocks (like lunch) into two slots<br/>each, so they weren&#39;t quite such a haul. This also gives more<br/>people an opportunity to help out. :)<br/><br/>So far these folks have volunteered:<br/><br/>- David Adler<br/>- David Wheeler<br/>- Dave Rolsky<br/>- chromatic<br/>- Bill Odom (me)<br/><br/>I put myself down for the first slot on Wednesday, so the rest<br/>are up for grabs. Please post your preference to the list.<br/><br/>Thanks, and if you have questions, please ask.<br/><br/>Bill Odom<br/>wnodom@tmtowtdi.com<br/><br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg20.html Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:57:44 +0000 Re: Booth at OSCON by David Wheeler On Jul 13, 2004, at 1:00 PM, Allison Randal wrote:<br/><br/>&gt; Post back here if you&#39;ll be at OSCON and would be interested in filling<br/>&gt; a slot.<br/><br/>I will be and am. And I promise not to flake this year. :-)<br/><br/>David<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg19.html Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:41:37 +0000 Re: Booth at OSCON by Dave Rolsky On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Allison Randal wrote:<br/><br/>&gt; TPF will have a booth at OSCON again this year. We&#39;ll only be staffing<br/>&gt; the booth during the long breaks, so we have 7 slots to fill.<br/>&gt;<br/>&gt; Post back here if you&#39;ll be at OSCON and would be interested in filling<br/>&gt; a slot.<br/><br/>Assuming each slot is one hour or so, sign me up for one.<br/><br/><br/>-dave<br/><br/>/*=======================<br/>House Absolute Consulting<br/>www.houseabsolute.com<br/>=======================*/<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg18.html Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:38:40 +0000 Booth at OSCON by Allison Randal TPF will have a booth at OSCON again this year. We&#39;ll only be staffing<br/>the booth during the long breaks, so we have 7 slots to fill.<br/><br/>Post back here if you&#39;ll be at OSCON and would be interested in filling<br/>a slot.<br/><br/>Thanks,<br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/07/msg17.html Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:00:48 +0000 new responsibilities by Allison Randal Baden Hughes, one of the grant managers, has volunteered to take on<br/>some of the responsibilities of Secretary of the grants committee. He<br/>has been helping me out in the sidelines for a while now, and brings<br/>much needed organizational skills to the group.<br/><br/>Thanks, Baden!<br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2004/03/msg16.html Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:54:07 +0000 Booth space at COMDEX by Allison Randal We have a chance at free booth space at COMDEX next month. Let me know<br/>if you know anyone who&#39;ll be there and might be willing to set up a<br/>booth and spend a little time staffing it.<br/><br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/10/msg15.html Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:04:37 +0000 Re: Other shoes to fill by Nicholas Clark On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 03:19:32PM -0500, Allison Randal wrote:<br/>&gt; Feel free to pass these along to anyone.<br/><br/>Do you think that you should submit this as a story on use.perl?<br/><br/>Nicholas Clark<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/09/msg14.html Thu, 04 Sep 2003 01:49:06 +0000 Other shoes to fill by Allison Randal Since we had so much success finding a PR person here (Thanks, Gavin!),<br/>I&#39;ll mention these too. Some other roles TPF is looking to fill are<br/>grant managers and an administrator for donate.perl-foundation.org. <br/><br/>Each grant manager will handle a few active grants at TPF: initiating<br/>contact with the grantee, helping to clean up their proposal for the<br/>website, working out a schedule for the development, following up with<br/>the grantee to make sure they have everything they need to complete the<br/>grant, helping to clean up their post-development report for the<br/>website, etc. It needs more organizational skills and an eye for details<br/>than anything else. If we can find 3-4 grant managers, it&#39;ll mean none<br/>have to handle more than 1 or 2 grants at a time, so it&#39;s fairly light<br/>work.<br/><br/>Most of the perlfoundation.org sites will be moving to perl.org soon.<br/>We&#39;ll have independent hosting for donate.perl-foundation.org because it<br/>has very different needs. The administrator for will be responsible for<br/>bug fixes, user accounts, general maintenance, etc. The site runs on the<br/>Everything engine, so we&#39;d like someone with experience there. <br/><br/>Feel free to pass these along to anyone.<br/><br/>Thanks,<br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/09/msg13.html Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:20:10 +0000 Re: News on the tpf site? by Gavin Estey <br/>On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 06:01 PM, Allison Randal wrote:<br/><br/>&gt;<br/>&gt; Oh, and we&#39;re also currently looking for someone to take the role of PR<br/>&gt; coordinator. Their job would include making sure news items make it to<br/>&gt; the web site (as well as regular releases on use.perl.org, etc).<br/>&gt;<br/><br/>If nobody has any objections, I&#39;ll wave my hand and volunteer.<br/><br/>Gavin.<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/08/msg12.html Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:30:14 +0000 Re: News on the tpf site? by Allison Randal Allison Randal wrote:<br/>&gt; Jouke Visser wrote:<br/>&gt; &gt; Is it just me, or is a lot of news missing from the website? I hear<br/>&gt; &gt; things on #perl about grants, people read about the grant I received<br/>&gt; &gt; in my journal, I know there was an auction at YAPC::Europe that raised<br/>&gt; &gt; a considerable amount of money, all of these things (I think) are<br/>&gt; &gt; worth mentioning on the website.<br/>&gt; &gt; <br/>&gt; &gt; Is there a specific reason these (kinds of) things are not mentioned?<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; At the moment all web site maintenance is done by a single person. He<br/>&gt; just moved and doesn&#39;t have time to keep up with every event.<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; We&#39;re in the process of moving everything over to the perl.org system<br/>&gt; which will give a large number of people access through a subversion<br/>&gt; repository. This should make maintenance much easier.<br/><br/>Oh, and we&#39;re also currently looking for someone to take the role of PR<br/>coordinator. Their job would include making sure news items make it to<br/>the web site (as well as regular releases on use.perl.org, etc).<br/><br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/08/msg11.html Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:02:40 +0000 Re: News on the tpf site? by Allison Randal Jouke Visser wrote:<br/>&gt; Is it just me, or is a lot of news missing from the website? I hear<br/>&gt; things on #perl about grants, people read about the grant I received<br/>&gt; in my journal, I know there was an auction at YAPC::Europe that raised<br/>&gt; a considerable amount of money, all of these things (I think) are<br/>&gt; worth mentioning on the website.<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; Is there a specific reason these (kinds of) things are not mentioned?<br/><br/>At the moment all web site maintenance is done by a single person. He<br/>just moved and doesn&#39;t have time to keep up with every event.<br/><br/>We&#39;re in the process of moving everything over to the perl.org system<br/>which will give a large number of people access through a subversion<br/>repository. This should make maintenance much easier.<br/><br/>Thanks,<br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/08/msg10.html Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:44:20 +0000 News on the tpf site? by Jouke Visser Is it just me, or is a lot of news missing from the website? I hear things on #perl about grants, people read about the grant I received in my journal, I know there was an auction at YAPC::Europe that raised a considerable amount of money, all of these things (I think) are worth mentioning on the website.<br/><br/>Is there a specific reason these (kinds of) things are not mentioned?<br/><br/>Jouke<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/08/msg9.html Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:35:47 +0000 Re: News Stories by Dave Cross On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:25:31AM -0700, Ask Bj?rn Hansen (ask@develooper.com) wrote:<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; On Thursday, Jul 10, 2003, at 22:38 America/Los_Angeles, Dave Cross <br/>&gt; wrote:<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; marginally related:<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; I tried submitting the following to use.perl, but the submission <br/>&gt; process seems broken. (I just keep getting the &quot;previewstory&quot; button <br/>&gt; but no preview when I click on it.<br/><br/>Did you choose a topic? That&#39;s caught me a couple of times as it give<br/>you no indication of what you&#39;ve done wrong.<br/><br/>Dave...<br/><br/>-- <br/> It was long ago and it was far away<br/> And it was so much better that it is today<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/07/msg8.html Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:05:31 +0000 Re: News Stories by Ask Bjørn Hansen <br/>On Thursday, Jul 10, 2003, at 22:38 America/Los_Angeles, Dave Cross <br/>wrote:<br/><br/>marginally related:<br/><br/>I tried submitting the following to use.perl, but the submission <br/>process seems broken. (I just keep getting the &quot;previewstory&quot; button <br/>but no preview when I click on it.<br/><br/><br/>subject: &quot;Best Development Tool&quot; award from Linux Journal<br/><br/>It&#39;s hardly news to us that Perl is the best development tool around, <br/>but it&#39;s still nice that Linux Journal has recognized so in their &lt;a <br/>href=&quot;http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6995&quot;&gt;2003 Editors&#39; <br/>Choice Awards&lt;/a&gt;.<br/><br/><br/> - ask<br/><br/>-- <br/>http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/<br/><br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/07/msg7.html Sun, 13 Jul 2003 04:25:44 +0000 Re: News Stories by Robert Spier &gt; Unless I&#39;ve being completely stupid, there doesn&#39;t seem to be a link<br/>&gt; to the advocacy section of the site from the front page.<br/><br/>You&#39;re not being stupid. We&#39;ll look into it.<br/><br/>-R<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/07/msg6.html Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:17:44 +0000 Re: News Stories by Allison Randal Dave Cross wrote:<br/>&gt; [ Trying out the new list! ]<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; Couple of things happened during the week at OSCON which might make<br/>&gt; good stories on the TPF web site.<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; * The Ponie announcement. This is in use.perl and all over the Fotango<br/>&gt; web site, but nothing on our site yet.<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; * White Camels. If it wasn&#39;t for Robert&#39;s use.perl journal wouldn&#39;t have<br/>&gt; known these had been presented. There&#39;s not even a story on use.perl.<br/>&gt; <br/>&gt; There may be others, but not being there I&#39;m relying on word of mouth :)<br/><br/>Dave, many thanks for putting up the announcement! OSCON is always a<br/>crazy week, and it&#39;s easy for things like this to slip through the<br/>cracks.<br/><br/>I&#39;ll send Kevin Meltzer the text for two news blurbs on<br/>perl-foundation.org. (We&#39;re moving the system over to perl.org&#39;s Combust<br/>which will allow any of us to put up a news item.)<br/><br/>Allison<br/> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.tpf.discuss/2003/07/msg5.html Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:44:05 +0000