develooper Front page | perl.xs | Postings from July 2005

Re: cast to pointer from integer of different size

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
Re: cast to pointer from integer of different size
Message ID:
20050727213713.GD15833@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:26:52AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:

> Works fine on may platforms, but I just tried on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE
> i386 gcc 3.4.2, perl v5.8.7 I see

> Is there a better way to write the typemap?  I'm not really clear
> why this message is showing up now.  Change in gcc?

FreeBSD stable compared with where? Some FreeBSD stable perls are compiled
with -Duse64bitint, which will mean that sizeof(IV) is twice the size
of sizeof(void *) on x86.

(and yes, INT2PTR)

Nicholas Clark