develooper Front page | perl.wxperl.users | Postings from July 2009

Documentation?

From:
Roode, Eric
Date:
July 29, 2009 10:35
Subject:
Documentation?
Message ID:
26412C18F3707C4DBBE365577A2241800542E0BA@MX1.barrack.com
Hi all,

    I am starting to learn WxPerl, and one thing I notice right away is
that the documentation is kind of thin.  There is extensive
documentation for C++ Wx, and it's not terribly hard to translate that
to Perl, but wouldn't it be nicer to have documentation specifically for
Perl?  Also, I can only find a couple short tutorials and very few
screenshots.

    Where does the current documentation come from?  (I am referring to
the documentation page http://wxperl.sourceforge.net/documentation.html,
where it says there is no Perl API document, and then gives C++
documentation).  Is it machine-generated, or maintained by someone
somewhere?

    As I'm learning, I'd like to work on improving the documentation.
If there is a documentation coordinator, I'd like to work with that
person.  If not... well, would you like one?

Eric J. Roode