develooper Front page | perl.wxperl.users | Postings from July 2008

Re: Availability of wxPerl in Linux distributions

Darin McBride
July 23, 2008 12:28
Re: Availability of wxPerl in Linux distributions
Message ID:
On July 23, 2008 11:41:47 am Gabor Szabo wrote:
> I know theoretically anyone can install wxPerl from CPAN but
> I still wonder if you people could help me gather information on where
> - in your experience - wxPerl is available as a package.
> In Ubuntu 8.04 there is no wx:
> $ aptitude search wx | grep perl
> $
> As I understand Debian has it. Does anyone know how to get the Ubuntu
> people to package
> wxPerl as well?
> What about Fedora, Red Hat and Mandriva just to mention the biggest
> distros? What about FreeBSD and Apple?
> regards
>    Gabor

Gentoo has it.  I realise it's not in the list of "biggest" distros you gave,
but it's big to me :-)

$ eix wxperl
[I] dev-perl/wxperl
     Available versions:  ~*0.27 0.57 (~)0.69 (~)0.82 {unicode}
     Installed versions:  0.82(08:07:52 AM 07/06/2008)

[I realise that it's probably perl bindings for *any* wx, but Gentoo only
comes with wxGTK, so that's what we get.]