develooper Front page | perl.qpsmtpd | Postings from October 2011

Re: Any point in retainingpackaging/rpm/files/qpsmtpd-plugins-file-connection?

From:
Robert Spier
Date:
October 1, 2011 10:01
Re: Any point in retainingpackaging/rpm/files/qpsmtpd-plugins-file-connection?
Message ID:
87oby0bq91.wl_rs@pobox.com

Richard Siddall wrote:

> I just noticed that 0.84 includes plugins/logging/file, which is
> another version of Peter J. Holzer and Devin Carraway's file logging
> plugin, similar to
> packaging/rpm/files/qpsmtpd-plugins-file-connection.
>
> I can't figure out which one is better, or newer.  If we could
> definitively say plugins/logging/file was better, I'd argue for
> deleting the file under packaging and fixing up the rpm specfile.

A quick comparison shows that plugins/logging/file is newer, with
cleaned up code and better documentation.  It is definitely based on
qpsmtpd-plugins-file-connection.