develooper Front page | perl.qpsmtpd | Postings from August 2007

Re: ANNOUNCE: Plugins check_content_type / check_user

From:
Ernesto
Date:
August 28, 2007 09:39
Re: ANNOUNCE: Plugins check_content_type / check_user
Message ID:
46D4502E.5080004@dienstleistung-kultur.de
Jens Weibler wrote on 28.08.2007 08:27:
> Ernesto wrote:
>
>>*check_user*
>>
>>Check User looks up a recipient during smtp phase in a database
>>
>>It is suitable for mailer configurations qpsmtpd-exim4 with virtual
>>users in a database.
>
> Do I see it right, that you're sharing one mysql-connection for all
> connections?

Yes. It is safe and no table locking is needed, because we do only
reads. Moreover the SQL statements are prepared in advance and reused,
what should give another performance gain.

> What about threaded qpsmtpd?

On my server I'm using Debian Etch with Perl 5.8.8, MySql 5.0.32 and
Qpsmtpd 0.32 started with qpsmtpd-forkserver - so Qpsmtpd uses the good
old Perl fork. But I'm not that deep into Perl's bowels to give a
complete answer.

It just works with the named environment.

> btw: customize the fields isn't as nice as customize the query.
> See dovecot - you can control and customize the authentication process
> much better if you can customize the whole query..

Dovecot is doing much more than the plugin check_user. Here we only need
the results "user exists or not" and "domain is ours or not". I think,
there is no need for special queries.

> btw2: if you got spare time: custom session variables read from the
> query result would be a great improvment :)

Sorry, I don't understand this joke.

Regards,
Ernesto