develooper Front page | perl.qpsmtpd | Postings from August 2007

Re: ANNOUNCE: Plugins check_content_type / check_user

From:
Jens Weibler
Date:
August 27, 2007 23:27
Re: ANNOUNCE: Plugins check_content_type / check_user
Message ID:
46D3C050.6000409@jens-weibler.de
Ernesto wrote:
> *check_user*
>
> Check User looks up a recipient during smtp phase in a database
>
> It is suitable for mailer configurations qpsmtpd-exim4 with virtual
> users in a database.
Do I see it right, that you're sharing one mysql-connection for all
connections? What about threaded qpsmtpd?

btw: customize the fields isn't as nice as customize the query.
See dovecot - you can control and customize the authentication process
much better if you can customize the whole query..

btw2: if you got spare time: custom session variables read from the
query result would be a great improvment :)

--
Jens