Devel::Cover problem: getting analysis of .xs file but not of .pmfile

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
Devel::Cover problem: getting analysis of .xs file but not of .pmfile
Message ID:
20120426010811.18834.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Friends,

As an extension of my work on
https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=112126, I am trying to
measure the test coverage for Perl 5 core distribution Hash-Util
provided by the Perl 5 test suite.  For ease of development, I have
copied ext/Hash-Util/lib/Hash/Util.pm and ext/Hash-Util/t/Util.t into a
typical CPAN distribution setup.  I have applied the patches submitted
in RT #112126 and modified t/Util.t to remove all the setup needed to
run it as part of the Perl 5 test suite and instead run it as if it were
a part of a regular CPAN distribution.

So I'm now at a point where I want to perform coverage analysis.
However, try as I might, I cannot get a report of the test coverage of
lib/Hash/Util.pm I want -- and this having used Devel::Cover for nine years!

Please see the attachment in which I show the output of:

perl Makefile.PL && make && cover -test

Note that I *am* getting coverage output for Util.xs, but I'm *not*
getting coverage for lib/Hash/Util.pm.  This is most puzzling.

I have Devel::Cover version 0.80 installed and am running this with Perl
5.14.2.

To facilitate getting assistance with this, I have push my
quasi-distribution to Github:

https://github.com/jkeenan/Hash-Util

Can anyone advise as to why I am getting coverage analysis of Util.xs
but not of lib/Hash/Util.pm?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan