develooper Front page | | Postings from January 2012

Perl QA Hackathon 2012: Last call for participation

Philippe Bruhat
January 18, 2012 16:32
Perl QA Hackathon 2012: Last call for participation
Message ID:

Last call for participation

The Perl QA Hackathon 2012 is taking place from Friday, **March 30th**
to Sunday, **April 1st** 2012 in Paris, France. Attendance is gratis. We
would like to know if you are interested in coming and participating.

This is the last call for participation: registration will close on
January 31st, 2012.

You can also propose other people who should be invited. As with past
years, we aim to fund the travel and accommodation costs for those who
cannot otherwise get funding.

The Hackathon needs your help

Our attendees plan to work on a wide variety of tools for the benefit of
Perl and all who use it. The more people we have present, the more Perl
will improve. Projects on the itinerary include the Perl build toolchain
and many tools around CPAN.

The hackathon budget is public: As you can see, we are not currently
able to cover all expenses. We are still actively looking for sponsors.

Sponsoring the event is not reserved to organizations and corporations:
if you think the Hackathon is useful to the Perl community, but cannot
attend yourself, you can still contribute to the success of the event by
making a donation. Even small donations will help and would be greatly

And don't worry about giving too much: the surplus from the event
(if any) will be donated to kickstart the budget of the Perl QA
Hackathon of 2013.

Thanks for your attention and your support.

    Philippe Bruhat, Laurent Boivin Perl QA Hackathon 2012 organizers Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.