develooper Front page | perl.qa | Postings from July 2009

rfc on Test::Functional (a new testing module)

From:
Erik Osheim
Date:
rfc on Test::Functional (a new testing module)
Message ID:
20090707044542.GA15052@worlock.plastic-idolatry.com
Greetings!

This email is to announce a new testing framework that I wrote (based
on Test::Builder), which I have tentatively called Test::Functional (as
in functional programming). Before finalizing it and uploading it to
CPAN and I figured I'd email you folks to get your thoughts on the
module (it's name, purpose, etc).

Anyway, please see the attached tarball. The README is still a shell
but the POD in the module is complete (I hesitate to say well-written).
Please let me know if you have suggestions or other feedback. If I
don't hear from anyone for a few days I may go ahead and upload it to
CPAN, but this is the first module I will be releasing into the wild so
I'm a little nervous.

Thanks,

-- Erik