develooper Front page | perl.qa | Postings from January 2009

Re: What's the common denominator in these NYTProf failures?

From:
andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR
Date:
January 30, 2009 01:22
Re: What's the common denominator in these NYTProf failures?
Message ID:
8763jxq0dc.fsf@k75.linux.bogus

  > I'm strugling to find a common denominator in these test results:
  > http://bbbike.radzeit.de/~slaven/cpantestersmatrix.cgi?dist=Devel-NYTProf+2.07_94

  > It would be wonderful if there was some tool that would analyse the
  > perl -V output and help identify the combinations of settings associated
  > with failures - assuming there is a pattern.

The tool exists: CPAN::Testers::ParseReport comes with the program
ctgetreports. Pay attention to the --solve parameter. Unfortunately,
in your case no findings except what David Golden already mentioned:

Regression 'meta:from'
Name                   Theta          StdErr     T-stat
[0='const']           1.0000          0.1574       6.35
[...]
[2='eq_bingos@cpan.org']             -0.9412          0.1619      -5.81

which tells us that normally the tests succeed but if the tester is
bingos@cpan.org, there is only 6% PASS.

Indeed, bingos reported one PASS: 3151674

--
andreas