develooper Front page | | Postings from March 2007

Re: New CPANTS metrics

Shlomi Fish
March 31, 2007 21:07
Re: New CPANTS metrics
Message ID:
On Sunday 01 April 2007, chromatic wrote:
> On Saturday 31 March 2007 15:26, Yuval Kogman wrote:
> > uses_version_control sounds more like lacks_manifest_skip_file which
> > should deduct kwalitee IMHO.
> Maybe so, but how else can CPANTS detect that you use the world's most
> advanced version control system: CVS?

Are you kidding?

CVS is not advanced as:

1. Microsoft Visual SourceSafe - the only sane choice for good data integrity
and portability.

2. tarballs/zip-files and patches. This one excels in convenience, and

CVS is a very advanced version control system, however. I do wish that
Subversion (which is a VCS that I have to use against my will) was as good as
it is.

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish

    -- An Israeli Linuxer