what was I thinking?

From:
Kirrily Robert
Date:
March 29, 2007 02:46
Subject:
what was I thinking?
Message ID:
20070329013432.GC5545@infotrope.net
In September 2001, apparently all aglow in the excitement of all the
talk that was going on about testing and whatnot, I wrote a module
called CPAN::Test::Reporter.
(http://search.cpan.org/~skud/CPAN-Test-Reporter-0.02/)  Looking at it,
I have no idea what I was thinking or why I thought it was necessary at
the time.  The only hint is in the credits where I say that it's based
on the cpantest script by Kurt Starsinic.  Presumably I thought it would
be useful to have a modular version of it.

I'm pretty sure nobody uses it (CPANTS reports that it's not a
dependency for any other module).  It looks like Test::Reporter is a
newer module that does what I was trying to do, and is more up to date.

What I want to know is, should I just bin it?  Or might it, in fact, be
useful to someone somehow?  Or is it just bad form to completely delete
CPAN modules?  I guess I could update it with a new version that says
"Don't use me."

K.

--
Kirrily Robert