develooper Front page | perl.perlfaq.workers | Postings from October 2004

Re: Bad links in the perlfaq

October 9, 2004 04:26
Re: Bad links in the perlfaq
Message ID:
_brian_d_foy writes:

> If anyone knows where some of these might have gone, which ones are
> gone for good, and so on, please let me know.
> ======perlfaq1.pod

> ======perlfaq2.pod

That one's actually gone to:

(and how stupid of O'Reilly to break their own URLs like this), but we
should probably link to the latest edition, at:

This only seems to exist courtesy of the Wayback Machine:

but looking at the content it seems a much better place to link to
instead would be:

> ======perlfaq3.pod

I know nothing about Macs nor Tk, so I'll leave those two for somebody
else to examine.

That one's easy:

(and I reckon that link would always've worked, which is yet another
reason why you should never publish links with /index.html on the end
when a mere / would do, but so many sites seem to do this when linking
in their own pages).

Again, those are new on me.

> ======perlfaq4.pod

Take your pick from:

Personally I'd go for the latter, cos URLs have historically
moved around so much that it seems safer to avoid them where possible!