develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2017

Version of a Module

From:
Martin Barth
Date:
June 27, 2017 21:13
Subject:
Version of a Module
Message ID:
14c6da7c-dfdd-51d5-49cc-71708520ca3b@senfdax.de
Hello everyone,

I wanted to repeat the question that I asked today on #perl6.
I am looking for a way to retrieve the version of a Perl6-Module from
within the module itself.

<ufobat> there is often a our $VERSION in perl5 modules. is this still
idiomatic/a good way to go in perl6
<timotimo> i think the version is meant to be part of the meta info and
such?
<ufobat> but that means the module itself does not know about its
version, just e.g. zef does?
<timotimo> i'm convinced there ought to be a way to get the full meta
info from whatever installation your script was grabbed from
<timotimo> but i don't know what or how