develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2017

Any text editors for programming that support the secondaryselection clipboard?

From:
ToddAndMargo
Date:
June 20, 2017 20:32
Subject:
Any text editors for programming that support the secondaryselection clipboard?
Message ID:
7c70251d-5fb0-1a0e-7487-bcfc418e57b1@zoho.com
Hi All,

I like Geany, but it does not support the "Secondary Selection"
clipboard.  This clipboard would save me a bunch of time as
I would not lose my cursor hot spot.

Anyone know of a light weight text editor for programming that
will support this?

To support the Secondary Selection clipboard, the editor has
to be built with the GTK Toolkit.

Many thanks,
-T

For those who don't know what I am talking about, X11 has
four clipboards.  There is a great video over here demonstrating
all four.  A must know for anyone using Linux:

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl/Secondary-Selection.mp4

--
Computers are like air conditioners.