develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2008

Project idea: Perl 6 syntax hilighting with

Moritz Lenz
July 28, 2008 02:17
Project idea: Perl 6 syntax hilighting with
Message ID:
Since now parses most Perl 6 code now, and spits out a parse tree
in YAML, a brave soul might want to write a syntax hilighter for Perl 6.
I volunteer to write a HTML backend for it ;-)

I think it basically involves walking the YAML generated tree, keep
track of a few variables and emit a linear list from that. Maybe looking
a bit into to find out what some token names actually mean.

I'm a bit short on tuits and motivation, but if anyone wants to write a
shiny tool, this might be a nice place to start. (And if it helps to
identify some mis-parses from it will also help $Larry ;-)

Moritz Lenz | Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.