develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from February 2008

Perl 6 fundraising and related topics.

Conrad Schneiker
February 20, 2008 20:55
Perl 6 fundraising and related topics.
Message ID:
During the course of collecting material for the Perl 6 wiki
section on Perl 6 articles and presentations
I've repeatedly encountered remarks about how much Perl 6
development is constrained by the fairly severe time and
energy constraints of its overwhelmingly volunteer
development team.

So over the next few months, I'm planning to learn about
fundraising, and see what I can accomplish on behalf of Perl
6 development. To that end, I'm soliciting:
(1) your suggestions for preparation,
(2) your ideas for proposals, and
(3) your reasons why the Perl 6 ecosystem (including Parrot
    and CPAN6) is one of the world's greatest and and most
    extremely leveraged causes (technically, economically,
    and socially).

I'll also put whatever fundraising-oriented material I come
up with on the Perl 6 wiki, to help and encourage others
along similar lines.

Thanks much in advance.

Best regards,
Conrad Schneiker  - Official Perl 6 Wiki - Official Parrot Wiki