develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from September 2008

Moritz Lenz
September 2, 2008 05:10
Message ID:

The test suite is considered "official" as in "everything that passes
the (completed) test suite may name itself Perl 6", and nearly all of
these files 'use Test'; However we don't ship an "official", nor
do we define which test functions it should contain and export by
default, nor their semantics.

Now this may sound a bit theoretical and far-fetched, but we've actually
encountered test files that contain tests which are only in Rakudo's (probably my fault), and otoh there are a few functions in pugs' that are not used (for example unlike(), which is only used in
t/02-test-pm/1-basic.t to test unlike()).

So how should we proceed? Should I assemble a list of commonly used test
functions and remove all others both in the's and the test files?

And then? Spec it? Or ship a prototype as "official"?

Moritz Lenz |