develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from April 2006

replacement of $

From:
Larry Wall
Date:
April 1, 2006 15:04
Subject:
replacement of $
Message ID:
200604012303.40162.larry@wall.org

Recently I had time to think about the $ symbol we use in Perl.

I think Perl has been using the USD symbol for too long, and I'm now sure
that it's time to replace it. After some research I came to the conclusion
that the best fit is the euro symbol (€).

So, spread the word, Perl 6 will require you to replace all the $ in your
scripts with €. That's just a regex after all...