Re: Quickcheck of context of index expressions

From:
Autrijus Tang
Date:
April 25, 2005 12:56
Re: Quickcheck of context of index expressions
Message ID:
20050425195637.GA62333@aut.dyndns.org
On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:33:44AM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:
> Another quick check on expression context for indexed expressions.
> Please sanity-check the return value of want() below:
>
>     @x[0] = want();	# scalar context
>     @x[want()] = $_;	# scalar context
>     @x[want()] = @_;	# scalar context
>     @x[0,] = want();	# list context
>     @x[want(),] = $_; # list context
>     @x[want(),] = @_; # list context
>     $_ = @x[want()];	# scalar context
>     @_ = @x[want()];	# list context

Oh, and under the S02 rules above (the index expression inherits
outer context on RHS), Pugs currently does this:

	--- reduces to ---
	    --- reduces to ---

Which is, well, very surprising.  Where did I get wrong?

Thanks,
/Autrijus/