develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from February 2005

Kudos to Autrijus

From:
Damian Conway
Date:
February 16, 2005 16:02
Subject:
Kudos to Autrijus
Message ID:
4213DF13.8080507@conway.org
It's been mentioned to me that some folks were surprised that the design team
hasn't been more effusive in it's support for the incredible job that Autrijus
is doing prototyping the Perl 6 interpreter over the top of Haskell.

We had thought that answering his questions about 1000 times faster and much
more extensively that we ever answer anyone else's (;-) might have indicated
how much respect and admiration we have for the work he's doing. But
apparently not.

So let me publicly state that Larry, Allison, Patrick, Luke, Hugo, chromatic,
and myself find Autrijus's work both amazing and amazingly useful: as a way of
exploring the deeper design and implementation issues, and also as a way for
people to start playing with (and experiencing the real power of) Perl 6.

Well done, Autrijus!

Damian