develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from February 2005

Re: S04

David Storrs
February 10, 2005 08:32
Re: S04
Message ID:
Given that Perl 6 won't support an actual do-while loop a la C++ (and
yes, I know that Perl5 didn't either), how would you accomplish that?
That is, I'd like to have a loop that runs once, then checks its
condition to see if it should repeat and continues to repeat as long
as the condition is true.

I don't think this works, but here's what I'm look for:

  $foo = readline; stuff with $foo...
} while ( $foo );