develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from February 2005

Some quick questions.

Autrijus Tang
February 4, 2005 12:44
Some quick questions.
Message ID:
Today I have finished implementing 90% of primitive operators; Pugs can
now evaluate most simple expressions, including junctive autothreading
and magical/infinite ranges.  Their implementation are in:

As such, there are some corner cases I couldn't find in the spec; please
correct me if my treatment is wrong:

* What is the value of a pair in numeric context? in string context?

    Currently I'm taking the ".value" part as its value.

* What is the value of a reference in any of the scalar contexts?

    Currently I'm blindly dereferencing it.

* How many bits are "+^" operating on?

    Currently it is using a native Unsigned Int.

* Does "**" flatten recursively?

    Currently it only flattens the first level of the list.

* Does "(3&0) and (4|0)" evaluate to "(3&0)" or "False"?

    Currently it evaluates to "(3&0)".