develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from February 2005

FP6: Types

From:
Autrijus Tang
Date:
February 3, 2005 08:13
Subject:
FP6: Types
Message ID:
20050203161330.GB31549@aut.dyndns.org
Today I've started implementing typing relations for value types in
FP6.  I intend to hold off subtyping until the simple types can be
checked and matched against smoothly.  The types are currently:

    VBool       Boolean
    VInt        Integer
    VNum        Number
    VStr        String
    VRef        Reference
    VPair	Pair
    VList       Lazily evaluated list
    VRoutine    Nameable executable objects
    VBlock      Unnameable executable objects

Implementation types are:

    IScalar     Perl scalar
    IArray      Perl array
    IHash       Perl hash

This list differs from S06v6's "Types" section, in that S06 did
not list which types are I-Types (implementation types) and which are
V-Types (value types).  Also "Pair" is not listed among standard types.

Hence, the list above reflects my current intuition, based on
past experience with Perl5's tie() system.  If my intuition are way off
base, please do let me know. :-)

Thanks,
/Autrijus/