develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from November 2002

Re: UTF-8 and Unicode FAQ, demos

Damian Conway
November 2, 2002 19:46
Re: UTF-8 and Unicode FAQ, demos
Message ID:
Larry Wall wrote:

> Well, the other guys are suggesting bow tie operators, so maybe we should keep

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

> That suggests to me that the circumlocution could be >>*<<.

A five character multiple symbol??? I guess that's the penalty for not
upgrading to something that can handle unicode.

> Actually, we could use <<foo bar baz>> for qw too if here-docs always
> have to be <<' or <<".

Yes. I thought we'd pretty much decided that anyway, hadn't we?

Hmmm...I wonder if one could then write:

	$str = <<<<EOT>>;

to make the heredoc terminator *really* stand out ;-)