develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from July 2006

Re: IMCC Reentrancy

Audrey Tang
July 18, 2006 00:24
Re: IMCC Reentrancy
Message ID:

在 2006/7/18 上午 1:54 時,Audrey Tang 寫到:
>> If you have a way to make IMCC reentrant that involves upgrading
>> to a more recent version of flex and passing one additional
>> parameter, go for it! Send us a patch and if it passes all the
>> tests, we'll apply it.
> As flex 2.5.30+ is not API compatible with the current flex IMCC is
> using, I wonder how it is different from re2c or regel, in
> particular that shoehorning an additional YYLEX parameter to make
> it work with bison will also involve overhauls beyond the original
> bison interface.
> I guess my question is: If I send two patches, of equal size, one
> uses re2c and is much cleaner and faster; another uses a kluged-up
> flex with its new, backward-incompatible reentrant API, would you
> reject one and apply the other?  If you are willing to let
> alternative scanners go in, I'd much rather working on that instead
> of trying to work around the bison/flex interface.

Code is easier for me to write than English.  Hence:

09:22 <@audreyt> imcc scanner is now reentrant.
09:22 <@audreyt> I think it wouldn't take more than another hour to
get it based on re2c
09:22 <@audreyt> but I'm willing to take what is felt more comfortable.