develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from August 2005

Re: GMC release

From:
Nattfodd
Date:
August 31, 2005 17:29
Re: GMC release
Message ID:
43164B38.9070103@gmail.com
Will Coleda wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2005, at 7:03 PM, Nattfodd wrote:
>

>> If people are willing to test real programs with it, it would  really
>> be nice !
>

> Thought I'd give languages/tcl a whirl, but after a fresh checkout of
> the GMC branch:
>
> % perl Configure.pl; make
> <SNIP>
> perl build_tools/jit2h.pl ppc src/jit_cpu.c
> jit2h: 121 (+ 143 vtable) of 1390 ops are JITed.
> src/jit_cpu.c
> src/jit_debug.c
> src/jit_debug.c: In function 'write_types':
> src/jit_debug.c:159: error: parse error before '->' token
> src/jit_debug.c:160: error: parse error before '->' token
> make: *** [src/jit_debug.o] Error 1

Hi,
it builds fine here (x86)... I guess this makes sense, as jit is
arch-dependant. However, I fear I won't be able to fix it (I understand
next to nothing to jit). For now, I replaced those two entries by -1. As
it is only debug, it shouldn't be very important and should be hopefully
fixed soon by a jit(i) master (hahaha, hum, it's getting late).

Please try to svn up...

Regards,
Alexandre