develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from December 2001

Configger this.

From:
Bryan C. Warnock
Date:
December 6, 2001 23:09
Subject:
Configger this.
Message ID:
20011207070910.GCRG25984.femail48.sdc1.sfba.home.com@there
Brent & Co.,

Is there any reason why we couldn't break up configure (when it comes into
being) into chunks?

The last 5.7.2 grab I have puts the current one at 17.5 Klines.  It's
weighty, a beast to maintain, and a beast to keep running through (should
something break halfway.)

Something structured more akin to the t/ directories would be easier to
maintain, allow us to bootstrap better (config a little, build a little,
config a little, etc.), and maybe reconfigure sections without the whole kit
and kaboodle.

--
Bryan C. Warnock
bwarnock@capita.com