develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from October 2001

Chr & Ord, v0.4

From:
James Mastros
Date:
October 25, 2001 06:46
Subject:
Chr & Ord, v0.4
Message ID:
20011025094701.B12464@belledonna.dyndns.org
Hey all.
  This is version 0.4 of my chr and ord patch for parrot.  Included is a
patch, a test file, and an example.

I don't really see any major problems with this version, at least that
aren't implicit in the current Way Of Things with strings.  (That is, native
not being explicitly anything, and the encodings list being static.)

Chr and Ord aren't implemented for utf8 and utf16, only for native and
utf32.  I'd much appreciate it if sombody who knew what they were doing did
this.

The tests are woefuly incomplete.

The style of the example is poor.

    -=- James Mastros