develooper Front page | perl.perl6.compiler | Postings from July 2005

Re: Is namespace qualification really required

From:
philcrow
Date:
Re: Is namespace qualification really required
Message ID:
200507191858.j6JIwIPM013410@webmail.sunflower.com
> Autrijus Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> wrote:
>

> > I get errors:
> > 1..2
> > ok 1 - default sub called
> > not ok 2 - default sub called in package namespace
> > #   Failed test (t/subroutines/defaults.t line 35, column 1-62)
> > #        Got: undef
> > # Looks like you failed 1 tests of 2
>
> Did you perhaps had an order version of pugs in PATH?

Ouch.  Yes, of course.  All is well.  Thanks.

Now I want to contribute an example.  It shows off named parameters with default values (including those of code type :-) as well as currying.  It does this by implementing Newton's method for root finding.  Is this appropriate for inclusion in the examples directory?  If so, where should it go in that directory?

Phil