develooper Front page | perl.perl6.compiler | Postings from February 2005

Test.pm runs!

From:
Autrijus Tang
Date:
February 23, 2005 11:35
Subject:
Test.pm runs!
Message ID:
20050223193254.GB2528@aut.dyndns.org
First, let me thank stevan, steve and benjamin for the wonderful
patches.  The reason why I didn't reply with "thanks, applied" is
because they are now committers, and has committed those tests
(and more!) to the Pugs repository.  Welcome aboard!  We have 10
committers now. :)

Next, I'm glad to announce that the first Perl 6 module, Test.pm,
has been implemented, and a number of unit test has been converted
to use it.  The Test.pm code is currently very copy-pasty, so
refactoring is welcome:

    http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/lib/Perl6/lib/Test.pm

See t/03operator.t for an example of how to use it.

For now, Pugs is piggybacking on Perl5's @INC path; it respects
PERLLIB and PERL5LIB environment variables, and appends "Perl6/lib"
to each element.  PERL6LIB is hounoured as well without the
"Perl6/lib" suffix.  The upshot is that on CPAN, Perl6 modules
inside Pugs will now live in the Perl6/lib/* namespace; that is,
Test.pm becomes "Perl6/lib/Test.pm".  While this is merely a
stopgap measure before 6pan comes into place, I think it is
unlikely to clash with normal p5 modules.

Finally, I'd like to encourage all unit test writers to add the
"require Test;" line to the unit tests, and convert existing
unit tests to use it.  Happy QA'ing!

Thanks,
/Autrijus/