develooper Front page | perl.perl6.announce | Postings from April 2014

Parrot 6.3.0 "Black-cheeked Lovebird" released

Reini Urban
April 19, 2014 06:26
Parrot 6.3.0 "Black-cheeked Lovebird" released
Message ID:
On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce the supported
release Parrot 6.3.0,
also known as "Black-cheeked Lovebird".  Parrot (
is a virtual machine
aimed at running all dynamic languages.

Parrot 6.3.0 is available on Parrot's FTP site
(, or by following the
download instructions at  For those who would like
to develop on Parrot, or help develop Parrot itself, we recommend using Git to
retrieve the source code to get the latest and best Parrot code.

Parrot 6.3.0 News:
    - Tests
        + Fixed tests for cygwin and cygwin64
        + Added 2 new examples/benchmarks/ files and benchmarks/
        + Fixed socket tests without IPv6 support at all [GH #1068]
    - Community
        + New Benchmark results at
          for all releases from 1.8.0 - 6.2.0

The SHA256 message digests for the downloadable tarballs are:

Many thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our sponsors
for supporting this project.  Our next scheduled release is 20 May 2014.

Reini Urban Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.