develooper Front page | perl.perl6.announce | Postings from June 2013

Re: Future Directions for Parrot and Rakudo

From:
Darren Duncan
Date:
June 25, 2013 02:44
Re: Future Directions for Parrot and Rakudo
Message ID:
51C8D790.7080402@darrenduncan.net
On 2013.06.23 8:43 AM, Allison Randal wrote:
> On 06/21/2013 10:07 AM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> The future of Parrot and Rakudo Perl 6 are on divergent paths.
>>
>> I am dedicated to a successful future for Parrot which is independent
>> of Rakudo Perl 6.
>>
>> As soon as Rakudo Perl 6 works on MoarVM (the spiritual successor of
>> the m0 branch in parrot.git) [0], anything that Rakudo depends on that
>> is not deemed necessary by Parrot core developers will be removed.
>
> This is not a decision you have the right or authority to make, Jonathan.
>
> Everyone else, please calm down. Parrot architecture decisions have always been,
> and will always be, made by open discussion between all participants in the
> project. Jonathan has expressed his opinion, and there are many legitimate
> reasons to disagree with his opinion. Discussions will continue.
>
> Allison

So you're saying then that Jonathan's post wasn't an official statement from the
Parrot dev team after the group decided what to do?  It certainly read that way
to me. -- Darren Duncan