develooper Front page | perl.perl6.announce | Postings from June 2013

Re: Future Directions for Parrot and Rakudo

Jonathan "Duke" Leto
June 25, 2013 02:42
Re: Future Directions for Parrot and Rakudo
Message ID:

The code must flow.

I will not force decisions on anybody, but I intend to continue on my path.

If it is not for you, I implore you to find your own.

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Allison Randal <> wrote:
> On 06/21/2013 10:07 AM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto wrote:
>> Howdy,
>> The future of Parrot and Rakudo Perl 6 are on divergent paths.
>> I am dedicated to a successful future for Parrot which is independent
>> of Rakudo Perl 6.
>> As soon as Rakudo Perl 6 works on MoarVM (the spiritual successor of
>> the m0 branch in parrot.git) [0], anything that Rakudo depends on that
>> is not deemed necessary by Parrot core developers will be removed.
> This is not a decision you have the right or authority to make, Jonathan.
> Everyone else, please calm down. Parrot architecture decisions have always
> been, and will always be, made by open discussion between all participants
> in the project. Jonathan has expressed his opinion, and there are many
> legitimate reasons to disagree with his opinion. Discussions will continue.
> Allison

Jonathan "Duke" Leto <>
Leto Labs LLC