develooper Front page | perl.perl6.announce | Postings from August 2012

Parrot 4.7.0 "Hispaniolan" Released

Andrew Whitworth
August 22, 2012 16:32
Parrot 4.7.0 "Hispaniolan" Released
Message ID:
On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 4.7.0, also known
as "Hispaniolan".  Parrot ( is a virtual machine aimed
at running all dynamic languages.

Parrot 4.7.0 is available on Parrot's FTP site
(, or by following the
download instructions at  For those who would like
to develop on Parrot, or help develop Parrot itself, we recommend using Git to
retrieve the source code to get the latest and best Parrot code.

Parrot 4.7.0 News:
    - Core
        + Added .all_tags() and .all_tagged_pmcs() methods to PackfileView PMC
        + Several build and coding standards fixes

The SHA256 message digests for the downloadable tarballs are:

Many thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our sponsors
for supporting this project.  Our next scheduled release is 18 September 2012.

The release is indeed a day late. I apologize for the unusual lateness.

--Andrew Whitworth Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.