develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2017

Try::Tiny::XS

From:
Vickenty Fesunov
Date:
Try::Tiny::XS
Message ID:
1499421310-sup-9186@setattr.net
Hello porters.

Some time ago I started playing with the idea of an XS version of Try::Tiny.
There are many modules already that do similar things, but I wanted to make a
fully compatible module, one that could be potentially used by Try::Tiny
itself.

Now I have some original tests passing, and I think the rest can be fixed as
well, but the module ended up relying a lot on custom ops, and builds a
sizeable chunk of op-tree from scratch. This kind of thing is not done outside
of core often, and I'm not sure I'm using things correctly. There are places
that seem iffy (pad_alloc and setting context flags on ops to name a few), but
I'm sure there is much to be improved overall. It would be really great if
someone could give the code a read and help me make it better.

You can find the code on github: https://github.com/vickenty/try-tiny-xs

Thanks.