develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2017

eval_pv package

From:
David Mertens
Date:
July 6, 2017 13:06
Subject:
eval_pv package
Message ID:
CA+4ieYV1Dk7Xsh7+amV2B0a6m40t6L3NW7r+QFKRx9=xKkDrbQ@mail.gmail.com
Hello all,

perlapi mentions that eval_pv can evaluate a block of Perl code. It does
not indicate the package in which the evaluation occurs. In C::Blocks, I
use this to allow for generation of C code with a Perl block. It appears
that eval_pv is run in the "main" package. This is certainly the case when
used during the operation of a hooked keyword.

I would really like for the package to be that in which the keyword is
actively parsing. It's easy enough to achieve that by prepending the eval'd
C string with a package statement (and a #line statement, while I'm at it),
but I wanted to know if there was any more direct way of telling eval_pv
about the package in which it is being evaluated.

Thanks!
David