develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2017

Maint release plans

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
June 27, 2017 13:07
Subject:
Maint release plans
Message ID:
CADED=K6ZWwuh7+LZQuO1x1=4xwN19SUrUx+ueMjOmRAknTetcQ@mail.gmail.com
Apologies for the recent lack of information regarding maint release
plans. I've just pushed a commit updating the release schedule for
5.22.4/5.24.2 and 5.26.1:

5.22.4/5.24.2 will arrive in the next few weeks. As was made clear
when the previous 5.22/5.24 releases were made, these releases will
only contain the final @INC fixes (plus conceivably other security
related fixes, but nothing else).

5.26.1 will follow about a month after them. This is a regular maint
release, containing whatever fixes are relevant according to the
criteria set out in perlpolicy.pod. There is a "blockers" ticket in RT
(#131533) and a votes-5.26.xml voting file in the maint-votes branch.
Please feel free to fill in either of these as you see fit. (I will
trawl through the commits on blead since 5.26.0 and add relevant ones
to the voting file as necessary myself soon.)

I am undecided what to do regarding a possible 5.24.3 release, but
will post a follow-up regarding this soon.