develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: perl-5.24.0-RC3 is now available

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
April 27, 2016 20:51
Re: perl-5.24.0-RC3 is now available
Message ID:
20160427205148.GA16592@debian
* Steve Hay via perl5-porters <perl5-porters@perl.org> [2016-04-27T16:15:47]
> > <opinion>
> > For perl packagers (especially projects like strawberry perl with limited
> > resources) this sort of release concurrence is a bit inconvenient.
> > </opinion>
>
> Apologies again for running late on the 5.22.2 release. I was slightly
> caught out by 5.24.0 RCs appearing sooner than I had expected (the
> release schedule still says the ETA is May 20th!), but I really should
> have got 5.22.2 out of the way sooner to avoid the RC phases
> overlapping at all. I will be more mindful of this danger in the
> future.

And in a related note, I apologize for bumping up the release.  We'd been
slipping into the future, and I wanted to try to avoid that this year.

I won't do that again next year. :)

--
rjbs