develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2016

Re: The Great Pumpkin

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
April 24, 2016 18:08
Re: The Great Pumpkin
Message ID:
20160424210831.35b0a04d@telaviv1.shlomifish.org
On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 08:00:20 -0400
Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:

> * Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com> [2011-10-31T18:28:09]
> > Two years ago today, I picked up the patch pumpkin.  It feels like
> > a lifetime ago.
>
> Jesse held the pumpkin for two years.  I have squared that, to four.  The
> tradition established, the next pumpking will do the job for sixteen years.
> They will fly by, trust us!
>
> Who will this lucky soul be?  Sawyer!
>
> Sawyer bravely volunteered to take on the pumpkin, and I know he will do a
> good job of it.  For those of you who have not worked with him before, I will
> assure you that he is a patient, thoughtful, intelligent, humble human being.
>
> I will still release Perl v5.24.0 and v5.25.0 on schedule, after which time I
> will consider myself off the hook, and Sawyer on it.  I have tried to keep
> things in a state that will not cause him too much distress.
>
> Good luck, Sawyer!  Remember, if the coming sixteen years seem daunting, at
> least you got in now, and now when the term was up to a cool 256.

Good luck, Sawyer, and I'm looking forward to working under your leadership.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish