develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2014

IMPORTANT: p5p standard of conduct (aka "civility policy")

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
IMPORTANT: p5p standard of conduct (aka "civility policy")
Message ID:
20140707181541.GA25403@cancer.codesimply.com
I just pushed 17c8048.  It lays down the rules for conduct on perl5-porters.
I'll recapitulate it below.

Before reading further, though, keep these important points in mind:

Things that are up for discussion:

  * spelling and grammar errors in the policy
  * clarification on any confusion about the policy

Things that are not up for discussion:

  * the policy's existence
  * the declaration that list discussion must be civil

Now, without further ado:

# perl5-porters standards of conduct

* Always be civil.
* Heed the moderators.

Civility is simple:  stick to the facts while avoiding demeaning remarks and
sarcasm.  It is not enough to be factual.  You must also be civil.  Responding
in kind to incivility is not acceptable.

If the list moderators tell you that you are not being civil, carefully
consider how your words have appeared before responding in any way.  You may
protest, but repeated protest in the face of a repeatedly reaffirmed decision
is not acceptable.

Unacceptable behavior will result in a public and clearly identified warning.
Repeated unacceptable behavior will result in removal from the mailing list.
The first removal is for one month.  Subsequent removals will double in length.
After six months with no warning, a user's ban length is reset.  Removals, like
warnings, are public.

The list of moderators will be public knowledge.  At present, it is just
Ricardo Signes.  More will be added and the list will be kept up to date.

--cut--

With the posting of this policy, I am declaring an amnesty for past incivility
and counter-productiveness.  Let us all forget our past troubles and focus on
polite and productive co-operation in a realm where our expectations of one
another's behavior is clearly stated.

--
rjbs