develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2014

CGI.pm - primary maintainer wanted!

From:
Lincoln Stein
Date:
February 12, 2014 16:23
Subject:
CGI.pm - primary maintainer wanted!
Message ID:
CAOS1dzwGy6ejTeEaxx8s7WYCqfCN2M_L=6w_Qp0c5Yh4MBcn=A@mail.gmail.com
Hi Everybody,

Want a chance for fame and fortune? Then don't miss this fantastic
opportunity to become primary maintainer of the acclaimed CGI.pm module!

Seriously, though. Even though CGI has been superseded by many fantastic
modules (Catalyst, Plack), it is still widely used and generates a low but
steady stream of bug reports and questions (1 or 2 per month). Mark
Stosberg has been doing a fantastic job maintaining CGI for the past few
years, but he's now moving on to a job that doesn't involve Perl CGI
scripting and needs to give up primary maintenance of the module.

Although I'm the original author of the module, I've been working as a full
time computational biologist for years now and can no longer maintain the
module I wrote as a grad student 20 years ago. Ricardo Signes and I will be
co-maintainers, but we do need a primary maintainer to take the lead on
responding to patches and bug reports submitted to CGI's GitHub site (
https://github.com/markstos/CGI.pm).

If you are interested on taking this on, please contact me.

Best,

Lincoln

--
*Lincoln Stein *
Director, Informatics and Bio-computing Program and Senior Principal

*Ontario Institute for Cancer Research*
MaRS Centre
661 University Avenue
Suite 510
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5G 0A3

Tel: 416-673-8514
Mobile: 416-817-8240
Email: lincoln.stein@gmail.com
Toll-free: 1-866-678-6427
Twitter: @OICR_news

*Executive Assistant*
*Melisa Torres*
Tel: 647-260-7956
Email: melisa.torres@oicr.on.ca
www.oicr.on.ca

This message and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged
information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or
distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally
intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions,
conclusions or other information contained in this message may not be that
of the organization.