perl-5.18.2 is now available

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
January 7, 2014 02:43
Subject:
perl-5.18.2 is now available
Message ID:
20140107024320.GA28491@cancer.codesimply.com

One of the major mistakes people make is that they think manners are
only the expression of happy ideas.  There's a whole range of behavior
that can be expressed in a mannerly way.  That's what civilization is all
about – doing it in a mannerly and not an antagonistic way.  One of the
places we went wrong was the naturalistic Rousseauean movement of the
Sixties in which people said, "Why can't you just say what's on your
mind?"  In civilization there have to be some restraints.  If we
followed every impulse, we'd be killing one another.

    -- Miss Manners

We are pleased to announce Perl 5.18.2, the 3rd release of version 18
of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.18.2 from your favorite CPAN mirror
or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/RJBS/perl-5.18.2/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  b8b87ef46630b5a2287b86b6e0c69088da36adfd  perl-5.18.2.tar.bz2
  7f0cc08d883a0e0aaaa385903ec4fb28aec514ec  perl-5.18.2.tar.gz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

Perl 5.18.2 represents approximately 5 months of development since Perl 5.18.1
and contains approximately 3,100 lines of changes across 73 files from 12
authors.

Perl continues to flourish into its third decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.18.2:

Brian Fraser, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A. Berry, David Mitchell, Father
Chrysostomos, Graham Knop, Karl Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Nicholas Clark,
Ricardo Signes, Smylers, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please see
the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 20.0, should appear in May
2014.

--
rjbs