Re: postfix dereference syntax

Ricardo Signes
August 10, 2013 01:53
Re: postfix dereference syntax
Message ID:
* Ricardo Signes <> [2013-07-16T11:03:20]
> * Ricardo Signes <> [2013-07-06T19:43:09]
> > * Father Chrysostomos <> [2013-07-05T11:24:19]
> > > See sprout/postderef.  Caveat: It was late when I wrote it.
> >
> > I am excited to test it.  Hopefully tomorrow, more likely Tuesday.
> All tests successful.

I would like to move forward with this.

Clear to-dos:

1. document things to be improved or implemented (including bugs)
2. document the new syntax
3. write tests
4. improve or implement the items from (1)

I have listed those in the order in which I feel comfortable doing work.

What kind of tests do we want for this feature?  It will be quite easy to do a
lot of this testing with string evals, assuming we're not concerned about
trying to treat this like a very low-level test which, in some ways, it would

Who else wants to kick in? :)