podcheck and long lines

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
June 28, 2013 02:41
Subject:
podcheck and long lines
Message ID:
20130628024051.GB22361@cancer.codesimply.com

I promised to send an update on the state of podcheck stuff a while ago, and
have not done so.  I stalled.  My plan was to prepare a branch in which the
line length and F<>-suggesting checks were run only with an env var set.  For
others, it would be like the tests didn't exist.  In fact, I produced this
branch, but then worried that it would blow away any errors in the known errors
file if run without that env var.  Since then, I haven't gotten back to it.

This branch is rjbs/podcheck-again.

I think that gottreu today suggested he might pick up the torch.  I would be
extremely gratified to see this happen.  If not, I hope to finish this work,
possibly when the big Pod-Checker changes go through and land back in core.
That will require some work.

That's all the status report I have.

--
rjbs