Article on debugging memory problems

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
June 21, 2013 07:11
Subject:
Article on debugging memory problems
Message ID:
51C3FCA5.7050404@cpan.org
Hi all,

when I recently had to debug some annoying refcount-related memory
problem in a moderately large body of XS code, I took the opportunity to
write a blog post about the fun I failed to have. Specifically
interesting for (part of) this group might be the discussion of perl
Configure options to get the most help out of perl.
(DEBUG_LEAKING_SCALARS and friends, PERL_POISON, etc., but mostly spends
time explaining some of the basics).

Comments, corrections, and additions are most welcome.

http://blog.booking.com/the-dreaded-attempt-to-free-unreferenced-scalar.html

--Steffen