perl v5.19.1 is now available

From:
David Golden
Date:
June 21, 2013 01:32
Subject:
perl v5.19.1 is now available
Message ID:
CAOeq1c9W7ghjUqO6LZvwUHfEptXyeDvgymJ6FhZ+MFMEzCDNmg@mail.gmail.com
    Over hill, over dale,
    Thorough bush, thorough briar,
    Over park, over pale,
    Thorough flood, thorough fire,
    I do wander everywhere,
    Swifter than the moon's sphere;
    And I serve the fairy queen,
    To dew her orbs upon the green.
    The cowslips tall her pensioners be;
    In their gold coats, spots you see;
    Those be rubies, fairy favours,
    In their freckles live our savours.
    I must go seek some dew-drops here,
    And hang a perl in every cowslip's ear.
    Farewell, thou lob of spirits, I'll be gone;
    My queen and all her elves come here anon!

    -- A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

We are mollified to announce v5.19.1, the 2nd development release of
version 19 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl v5.19.1 from your favorite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/DAGOLDEN/perl-5.19.1/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  99785c4edbabf6bfff9b2fb95660edcbed048c4a  perl-5.19.1.tar.bz2
  e88147115f7c157353d2b47e9e280ab873836947  perl-5.19.1.tar.gz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod"
located in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

Perl 5.19.1 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.19.0 and contains approximately 26,000 lines of changes across 680
files from 37 authors.

Perl continues to flourish into its third decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.19.1:

Alexandr Ciornii, Brian Fraser, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A.
Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Daniel Dragan, David Golden, David
Mitchell, David Steinbrunner, Dominic Hargreaves, Eric Brine, Father
Chrysostomos, H.Merijn Brand, Heiko Eissfeldt, James E Keenan, Jerry
D. Hedden, Kang-min Liu, Karl Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Lukas Mai,
Marcel Grünauer, Mark Jason Dominus, Max Maischein, Mike Doherty,
Nicholas Clark, Paul Green, Peter Martini, Petr Písař, Ricardo Signes,
Shirakata Kentaro, Shlomi Fish, Steffen Müller, Steve Hay, Sullivan
Beck, Tony Cook, Yves Orton, Zsbán Ambrus.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version v5.19.2 on July 20, 2013.  The next major
stable release of Perl 5, version 20.0, should appear in May 2014.

--
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me>
Twitter/IRC: @xdg