experimental: lvalue subroutines

Ricardo Signes
June 14, 2013 22:09
experimental: lvalue subroutines
Message ID:

lvalue subroutines were added as an experiment in 5.6, and perl58delta notes
that they are still experimental.

I am not sure whether they are still an experiment.  I know Sprout has done a
bunch of work on them in the past few years, but I'm not sure whether that was
composed of significant changes to behavior or mostly bugfixing.

I can review the deltas, but I'd be interested in a temperature reading on
whether we still call this an experiment.  My impression is that we cannot, and
that the current behavior is mostly something on which users can rely, modulo