COW and THINKFIRST and related safety

Ricardo Signes
June 9, 2013 13:52
COW and THINKFIRST and related safety
Message ID:

We had talked here and there about how we needed to document the safe way
to deal with strings, which became an issue with the introduction of COW.

Leaving aside anything else, I wanted to point the list at a post by Dave M.,
which may have gone unnoticed because of its super-duper not-very-inviting
subject line of:

  Re: [#116407]: SvPVutf8 != SvPVX, and sv_2pvutf8

Or something much like that.

You can find the text here, with a must-read follow-up immediately following: